This website https://www.sofy.in (“Website”) and the relevant App is owned by Unicharm Corporation, Japan and operated by Unicharm India Private Limited, India (both, jointly referred to as “the Company” and hereinafter also indicated by “us”, “we” or “our”).
By visiting the Website/App or by any other use thereof, you expressly declare yourself to agree to this Policy. If you experience any difficulty in understanding this Policy, or if you do not agree with the contents thereof, we request that you discontinue using the Website/App. This Policy may change without notice or obtaining consent from User, so please review the latest content before use.
Please note that the use of the Website/App is subject to other conditions, such as Terms & Conditions for Use and Disclaimer available on the Website/App.
- Information covered by this Policy: This Policy applies to information collected and processed by the Company including the Personal Information. For the purpose of this Policy, the Personal Information is the information relating to the User or a combination of pieces of information that could reasonably be identified with the User. Personal Information may consist of full name, personal contact numbers, residential address, business address, email address, location, gender, date of birth, photos, occupation, interests, physical, physiological and mental health conditions, medical records, sexual orientation and/or password etc. We may also collect the information that the User posts in a public space on our website/app or on a third-party social media site belonging to the Company, the demographic information about the User, or any other information provided by the User during the use of our website/app. The Company might collect this as a part of a survey also. If you use our website, we may collect information, through “cookies” or otherwise, about your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your website/app use. Please note that any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain shall not be regarded as Personal Information.
- Purpose: The Company might use the information you provide to contact you for confirmation of your registration on our website or managing our relationships with you, communicating with you, keeping records of those communications and for other promotional purposes such as offering, marketing and selling relevant products to you. We might use your information to customize your experience with us, which may include displaying content based upon your preferences. We may use your information to make our website/app and products better or for the purposes of enabling publication and administering of our website/app. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties. We may use information to protect our company, our customers, or our websites. We might use the information to send you about special promotions or offers and to tell you about new features or products. The information may be used for the purposes of analysing the use of the website/app, enabling and monitoring your use of our website/app, operating our website/app, ensuring the security of our website/app and for maintaining back-ups of our databases. We will use information as otherwise permitted by law. The User agrees and understand that that we or any of our business partners, associates, third party service providers and/or group companies (which includes our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) may use the information to contact User from time to time to offer, market and sell relevant products.
- Access, Correction of Information and withdrawal of consent: Any modifications / corrections required to the Information can be carried out on the website. In the event the User is unable to do so due to lack of functionality on the website/app and/or the User wants to withdraw his / her consent to provide Information, the User may contact the Customer Care Representative, the details are provided on the website/app.
- Retention, Processing and storage of Information: The Company shall retain Information for only as long as necessary to meet legal or regulatory requirements or for legitimate business purposes as mentioned in this Policy. The Company has implemented required security practices and standards in line with the global standards and have a comprehensive information security program and policy in place, which contains managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures that commensurate with the information assets being protected with the Company’s nature of business. It is being reviewed periodically to keep pace with business, technology and regulatory changes.
- Disclosure of Information: The Company will not sell or trade the information to any third party. The Company shall not use or disclose Information for purposes other than as mentioned in this Policy, except with the consent of User providing such Information or as required by law. However, the Company may be legally required to disclose the Information in cases: (a) where the disclosure is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation; (b) where mandated under the law by government agencies to disclose such Information; and/or (c) in the case of imminent physical harm to any person. Where necessary, the Company may disclose or transmit Information to its business partners, associates, third party service providers and/or group companies (which includes our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) during the normal course of business for the purposes of storage, processing or for any other purposes mentioned in this Policy and also because of location of our servers. In such cases, the Company will only share Information related data when it is assured that: (a) The Information is processed legitimately and appropriately by the business partner, associate, third party service providers and/or group company in line with the established consent or in line with legal requirements; and/or (b) The business partner, associate, third party service providers and/or group company has adopted a reasonable and equivalent level of security practices and procedures to ensure security of the Information shared. We may also disclose your information to our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- Amendments: We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website/app without any notice or without obtaining any consent from User. You should check and review this page before use to ensure that you understand our current Policy.
- Grievance: In case of any complaint or grievance, the User may contact the Customer Care Representative, the details are provided on the website/app and the Customer Care Representative shall expeditiously redress the grievances, but within reasonable time as may be provided in applicable laws.