Many of your ladies suffer from period acne during your period days. Let go of any worries as we have some solutions for you to treat this type of acne during your period. Period acne is primarily hormonal breakout and is different from regular acne. When you have an acne flare-up just before or during your period, that is period acne.
Throughout your menstrual cycle, your hormonal levels are fluctuating. Your estrogen and progesterone levels drop just before your period starts. During this period, your sebaceous glands to secrete more sebum. The excessive oil can clog your pores and result in breakouts. In Edition 1 of this blog, you will find a few ways to treat hormonal acne during your period:
- How to soothe painful acne?
You might have some deep pimples that are painful that breakout during your period. To soothe the painful breakout, try these tips:
- Wet a cotton towel in warm water and compress the area for 10 to 15 minutes, three or four times a day to soothe the pain.
- To relieve pain and inflammation, try a cold compress for 2-5 minutes
- Dab a bit of tea-tree essential oil on the area to kill bacteria.
- How to heal an active breakout?
Here are some ways to accelerate the healing process of period acne:
- Wash your face everyday at least once with a gentle cleanser. Try natural deep pore cleansers with aloe vera that soothes the skin.
- Avoid using a face scrub which might irritate the skin.
- Use an OTC benzoyl peroxide gel to apply topically on the acne.
- Use a tea tree sheet mask to soothe your skin. Tea tree has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
Try out these effective ways to heal your period acne. For more insight on period acne and to prepare for your next menstrual cycle, check out Edition 2.