Periods can be unbearably painful for some women but that should never stop you from working out. Simple, yet effective exercises can not only help you stay fit but will also help in easing down the cramps that you might get during periods. Exercising during periods are highly recommended because it’s very important to make the body move. But always remember to listen to your body and not overdo the workouts.
The point to remember is that you should workout or exercise at a decent speed or pace and not overdo it just because you love to work
• Walking: Going for a walk when you’re on your periods is the simplest and the easiest exercise you can do. The only thing that you have to do when on periods is to keep the body engaged in the gentle activity. You can consider light walking for 30 minutes. Just make sure that you walk at an average pace to allow the movement of your leg to loosen your pelvic muscles and alleviate yours from the pain.
• Leg Lift: Leg lifts are recommended as a very effective exercise during periods because they help in loosening up or easing down of your abdominal, back and pelvic muscles.
• Side lunges: If you compare the side lunges with the normal lunges, you’d feel that these are little on the gentler side. They are easy on knees so won’t hurt more during the periods. Side lunges help in easing down the cramps in the hips, butt, and thighs.
• Plank: Planks are recommended because it helps in strengthening your back and they also ease the tension during the periods. An added advantage of planks is the fact that your butt, hips, abs, chest, and arms are also benefited from it.
• Child Pose: The Child’s pose or balasana is restorative and calming. This exercise lengthens the back which helps in relieving the tension and tightness. The child pose also opens up the hips and improves the digestion which makes it an easy exercise during periods.