Girls commonly get their periods by the time they are 11 or 13 at the most, but the age bracket of 9 to 16 is also a likely time to start. Every girl is different, and so is her age of reaching puberty and getting her periods.
There are however a few sure shot signs that you can look out for to know that your period is on its way.
- Puberty is the first sign that will let you know that your period is on its way
- The development of your breasts is another sign that your body is now mature enough to have its first period.
- A girl’s periods usually arrive two years from the development of her breasts
- Growth of pubic hair is another sign that lets one know that a girl’s period is on her way
- The growth of pubic hair takes place just after the breasts also start developing.
- Starting off as thin, the pubic hair grows coarser over time
- Vaginal discharge is also a sign that your period is soon to arrive.
- Discharge, specifically white or yellowish in colour, is what may indicate that your periods are only a few months away now.