You may be surprised to know that normal breast development keeps on taking place throughout a woman’s lifetime. From the moment of a woman’s birth all the way to menopause, your breast goes through different stages of development between this time.
However, the timing of these stages of development will differ from one woman to another.
There are many questions that might arise during one’s breast growth and it is but natural to want to know more about this process. Some of the questions that you that you might come face to face during this time might be:
- Does breast growth hurt?
- The growth of breasts can hurt as they respond to the levels of the hormones estrogen and progesterone in a woman’s body.
- Soon as a girl enters puberty, the level of these hormones increases and the breasts start growing more.
- Fluctuations occur in the level of these hormones throughout the various stages of a woman’s reproductive cycle especially during the menstrual cycle, pregnancy, menopause and even breastfeeding.
- Due to all these factors, hormones are capable of making the breasts feel more sensitive or even painful.
- Are both the breasts the same size?
- A majority of women have breasts that are of both different in size
- The difference in size can more easily be observed and noticed during puberty as the breasts are still growing
- Even if the size difference is quite big, one need not worry as it is perfectly normal.
Signs of development of Breasts:
There are many signs that you might observe or witness during the growth of your breasts
- Itching around the nipple and chest
- Tenderness and soreness in breasts
- Appearance of small lumps under the nipples
Changes during different stages
During the period cycle:
- Larger breasts
Once your cycle is over, your breasts will become normal and come back to their original size
As your breasts are getting ready to produce milk during your pregnancy, there will be a lot of changes that your breast goes through during this time.
- Swollen breasts
- Increase in the areolas size and darkening
- The blood vessels in your breasts become more noticeable
Soreness in the side of breasts