Don’t you just hate the symptoms that usually accompany that period of yours? As if the periods themselves were not enough, now this as well? Well, there are a lot of problems that accompany the periods each month each more annoying than the other.
However, the most annoying might just be the bloating that pays you a visit during your menses, every month. There are a few foods in particular though, that help to considerably reduce bloating when added to your diet.
- Bananas help in increasing the good bacteria levels in your body thus helping to promote better gut health effectively
- Due to this very reason, research has shown that women who ate bananas twice a day have close to 50% reduction in bloating
- Dandelion Tea:
- Dandelion tea helps flush out any water retention that your body might be facing
- This is due to the fact that dandelion tea has anti diuretic properties, which essentially means that it helps get rid of excess water from your body with ease
- If you are not a fan of dandelion tea however, then you could even use dandelion capsules to get the same effect
- Kiwi helps in solving gastro intestinal issues easily
- Since kiwi is high in fiber, it helps ease your bloating and rids you off of any sluggishness that your gut might be suffering from
- Fruits and veggies that are high in potassium are your best friends during this time to help ease any bloating
- Tomatoes help you get rid of that bad bloat, especially if you are someone who consumes a lot of salt in your daily diet.
- As salt is one ingredient that makes your body retain a LOT of water, counter-acting this very property of it can help reduce bloating considerably
- Healthy Fats:
- There is a particular group of hormones in your body that causes it to bloat more often than not. This group is called the prostaglandins.
- Foods that are rich in healthy fats like avocado, nuts, chia seeds and even salmon help lower the levels of this hormone in particular
- This in turn helps reduce bloating.
- Eating smaller and more frequent meals throughout the day might just be the answer to avoiding and even getting rid of bloating once in for all.
- Smaller meals help your stomach feel less overwhelmed, so that it is able to digest the food you have consumed at a much slower and comfortable rate.
- Smaller AND healthy meals are your ticket to a bloating free period for sure.