The sudden gush of blood trickling down your leg and leaving a noticeable stain on your pants – that’s period leakage. We’ve all experienced it at some point in our lives. No one looks forward to that horrifying moment when it feels like the entire world is staring at that stain on your pants, like they know your deepest darkest secret and you’re left with no exit strategy.
While this extremely unpleasant period leakage is unpredictable, it is avoidable. More often than not, period leakage is the embarrassing result of either failed planning or unfit sanitary products. That is why finding the right products for your body is the first step to preventing period leakage.
What causes period leakage?
- Incorrectly using a sanitary pad could lead to period blood escaping the sanitary pad.
- An already full pad. A sanitary pad should be changed after every 3 or 4 hours. If it isn’t replaced with a new one routinely, the likelihood of leakage increases.
- Use a pad that isn’t long enough or wide enough to support your period flow.
- Using a pad that doesn’t stay in its place. A sanitary pad that wiggles or loses its adhesive quality will not only provide discomfort but will also lead to unwanted leakage.
How to find the right sanitary pad?
- If you’ve got an active lifestyle, like most women of today do, opt for a pad that stays in position so that you’re not worried about leakage when you’re out and about conquering the day. SOFY Bodyfit stays in position and its wings keep the leakage locked within the pad.
- Find an ultra-thin pad that also provides ultra-absorption and coverage. That way, you get ultimate comfort and protection in one pad. The best of both worlds. They contain a deep absorbent sheet for maximum protection.
- A common misconception among women is that they’d need similar sanitary pads for day and night. However, the truth is, our body’s movement during the day as compared to night-time differs, and so does our period flow. Thus, pads used during the day are usually shorter (in terms of their length). These pads measure somewhere between 17-25 cm. Night pads, on the other hand, are bigger and wider. These pads can be as long as 35 cm.
There are several affordable options available in the market like SOFY that protect from leakage and bacteria, while also being extremely easy and comfortable to wear.